Category: Uncategorised
Hits: 3491

User Rating: 0 / 5

Star InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar InactiveStar Inactive

Press Release

Donated Clothing and Household Goods Will Benefit Ronald McDonald House

‘Tis the season for Spring cleaning, and starting Thursday, March 29, 2012 there is a great and charitable reason to clear out the closets, sort through the basement, and unclutter the garage. All those unused and unwanted items will benefit Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern Colorado.

RMHCSC has joined in a community partnership with Recycle That LLC, to open a donation center where the community can now donate their unused, unwanted and outdated Clothing, Shoes, Fashion Accessories, Household Goods, Books, and CDs/DVDs.

The doors open this Thursday morning, March 29, 2012 at the new Ronald McDonald House/Recycle That Donation Center located at 535 N Murray Boulevard, off Platte Avenue. Designed to be a convenient drive-up and drop-off experience, donors can feel good that all items collected through this center will benefit the programs of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern Colorado where we have been lifting children and families in need to a better tomorrow for the past 25 years.

About Recycle That

Recycle That, LLC is a for-profit business committed to the three R’s: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. We offer non-profit organizations and community groups, like Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern Colorado, an easy, no cost, no-risk fundraising program that pays for the recyclable items they collect.

We form community partnerships with charities and community organizations - by connecting them with a Recycle That donation center, collection boxes and through special events – to collect unwanted, unused and outdated Clothing, Shoes, Fashion Accessories, Household Goods, Books and CDs/DVDs.

Our community partners benefit by selling the donated items to Recycle That who reuses, repurposes or recycles their goods – keeping them out of landfills while raising crucial funds for our partners.

About Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern Colorado

Last year, nearly 5,000 children and families received services from the cornerstone programs of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Southern Colorado, (RMHCSC), at the Ronald McDonald House, in one of the two Ronald McDonald Family Rooms (located in area hospitals) and on the Ronald McDonald Care Mobile. Of those served, 78% live at or below poverty level, relying on RMHCSC’s services to help keep their families together and healthy. RMHCSC receives 12% of our annual operating expenses through our relationship with McDonald’s, the remaining 88% comes from our community through generous donations, in kind gifts, grants and foundation support, as every Ronald McDonald House Charities is self-sustaining.

Disease and illness are truly the great levelers. None of us asks for it come – not for ourselves, and certainly not for our children. Throughout the world, there are over 300 Ronald McDonald Houses, allowing families to be near their critically ill child, which helps the child get better, faster.

A mom recently said, “When we learned our daughter was sick, an entire team of medical professionals were working to heal her body - which is of vital importance. Arriving at the Ronald McDonald House, my family found a team of people working to heal the spirit of our whole family. Thank you, Ronald McDonald House!”

RMHCSC’s hallmark programs have seen significant growth over the last five years - during an economic downturn. The numbers speak for themselves: in 2005, RMHCSC served fewer than 300 children and their families. Five years later, RMHCSC served over 4,600 children and their families at the House, in the two Ronald McDonald Family Rooms inside area hospitals and on the Care Mobile in 2010. 2011 numbers are higher, still, with 4,924 being served.

Recycle That, LLC connects the community to recycling by reusing and repurposing its goods. As a for profit company, Recycle That provides non-profit organizations and community groups with an easy, no cost, no-risk fundraising program that encourages recycling of clothing, shoes, fashion accessories, books and household goods. Since its inception in 2011, Recycle That and its affiliates have recycled more than 163 million pounds of unused and unwanted items.